Updated July 5, 2018
ArtsInteractive can be contacted at [email protected] or by telephone at (310) 740-9398.
1. Types of Personal Information that ArtsInteractive Collects from Site Users and Members
- Why we collect Personal Information: ArtsInteractive may, from time to time, collect Personal Information about you that you voluntarily consent to submit to the Site in order to become a Member of the Site, to purchase products or services from the Site, or to participate in online surveys, sweepstakes, contests, to receive newsletters or other activities. Processing of Personal Information may also occur if it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ArtsInteractive, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the user and/or Member, which require protection of Personal Information. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you may be unable to register and/or to obtain products or services from the Site.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
Personal Information that we collect is voluntarily submitted by you, the user. The information may subsequently be used by ArtsInteractive for many reasons, for example, for recordkeeping, to fill orders, editorial and feedback purposes, statistical analysis of users’ composite anonymous behavior, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers may be used for internal purposes, and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and email addresses, phone numbers, and other Personal Information which visitors voluntarily provide to ArtsInteractive may be added to our databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding Site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events, contingent on users opting in to receive such information.
We may retain the Personal Information collected from you only for as long as necessary to fulfill our purposes, or as permitted by law. If we no longer need the Personal Information, we may delete the Personal Information.
3. Sharing Your Personal Information with Other Entities
4. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Applicable privacy law gives users certain rights to their Personal Information as follows:
- Right of access and right to rectification: Users and Members have the right, via postal mail, email, or telephone, to request that ArtsInteractive provide you with a summary of any Personal Information retained by ArtsInteractive that has been voluntarily provided by you through online forms, registration forms, surveys, email, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your Personal Information by contacting ArtsInteractive via postal mail, email, or telephone at the addresses or number listed below.
- Right of portability: Users and Members have the right to request their Personal Information be ported to another controller (a controller being someone who determines the purposes and means of processing Personal Information).
- Right to be forgotten: Users and Members have the right to erasure of their Personal Information upon request.
- Extra safeguards: Users and Members have the right to extra safeguards if sensitive information is being processed (e.g., health, race, sexual orientation, religion, and political beliefs).
- How to exercise one of these rights: Contact ArtsInteractive’s Data Protection Officer listed below. If you reside in the European Union, ArtsInteractive is the controller of your Personal Information for the purposes of the GDPR.
5. Your Consent: Controls and Choices
- Opt-in right: You have the right to consent freely to the processing of your Personal Information through a clear affirmative act, which may include ticking a box when visiting our Site, choosing technical settings, or other statements or conduct which indicates acceptance of the processing of your Personal Information.
- Opt-out right: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by the opt-out process.
- Account Changes: If our Site allows personal account registrations, you can make changes to your Personal Information, including password changes, etc.
- Data Portability: If you have provided to us any Personal Information, you shall be able to request to receive that Personal Information in a commonly used, machine-readable format. If technically feasible, the user and/or Member shall be able to request that their Personal Information be transmitted to another controller.
- Removal of Personal Information: If you have an account on our Site, you have the option of deleting your account and/or Personal Information.
- Marketing: If ArtsInteractive conducts marketing, you can opt-in or opt-out to marketing as described below. This will allow you to choose whether you would like to receive, promotions, products, or services that might be of interest to you.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites
7. Comments, Notices, and User Content
Any materials or comments posted to any of our webpages, if allowed on our Site, are public. As such, ArtsInteractive assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
8. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may contract with third party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, ArtsInteractive may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request. ArtsInteractive may place Internet “cookies” on your hard drive. Internet cookies are small amounts of data that contain a unique identifier that many websites frequently send to your web browser to be stored on your computer’s hard drive in order to save data about you, such as your name, password, username, screen preferences, and the pages of a website you have viewed. When you revisit the Site, ArtsInteractive may recognize you by your Internet cookies and customize your experience accordingly. ArtsInteractive may use Google Analytics or a similar service to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site.
9. Marketing and Advertising
ArtsInteractive may contact you with information applicable to our services and products. We may use Personal Information that we have collected from you in order to send you the most relevant information.
ArtsInteractive may use Processors who process Personal Information. ArtsInteractive will use its best efforts to ensure that any Processor engaged by ArtsInteractive complies with applicable laws.
11. Privacy of Children
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 16. The Site does not knowingly collect Personal Information online from European Union residents under the age of 16 or United States residents under the age of 13. All users must be at least 16 years of age in order to use the Site.
12. Security Measures
ArtsInteractive has implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to Personal Information. Despite ArtsInteractive’s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always a risk that an unauthorized third party may circumvent such procedures or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from ArtsInteractive via this Site or via email cannot be and is not guaranteed. Accordingly, ArtsInteractive is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
ArtsInteractive has implemented policies in case a breach does occur. Users and Members will be notified, as well as the appropriate local authorities if a breach ever does occur. In case of a personal data breach, ArtsInteractive shall without undue delay, and where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the personal data breach to the appropriate local authorities, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. Where the notification to the appropriate local authorities is not made within 72 hours, it shall be accompanied by reasons for the delay.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
16. How to Contact Us
1. Types of Personal Information that We Collect from Site Users and Members
- Who is collecting and receiving your Personal Information: ArtsInteractive collects and receives your Personal Information. We work with other vendors—such as credit card processors, customer relationship management platforms, social media sites, website analytics services, and online advertising services—for purposes such as to deliver our products, track communications with you, interact with you on the web, improve our products, and reach you with relevant advertisements about ArtsInteractive. Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to any third party except our trusted business partners who help us improve, develop, understand, analyze, and promote our own products, services, and advertisements. ArtsInteractive does not sell, lend, lease, or trade any user data to third parties for any other purposes.
- Why we collect Personal Information: We collect your Personal Information in order to deliver our products and services. For example, we gather information about a Member’s operating system in order to launch the correct software update. We may also use your Personal Information to reach you with relevant advertisements about our products, if you give such permission. For example, we may collect your birthdate to send you a special greeting and offer if you have checked a box indicating you would like to receive our newsletter. We also use your Personal Information to improve our products and services. For example, we might use information you have provided about your profession, in aggregate with other users, to determine the effectiveness of a new feature designed for educators.
- Categories of Personal Information collected: The categories of Personal Information collected for the above purposes, with the consent of Site users include:
- Email address
- Billing address
- Phone number
- Credit card information
- ArtsInteractive account username and password
- Purchase history
- Correspondence record
- Technical information (such as device type or operating system)
2. How We Collect and Retain Your Personal Information
- How we collect your Personal Information: ArtsInteractive collects your Personal Information when you make a purchase, sign up for our e-newsletter, create an account on our Site, or otherwise submit a form on our Site or in person.
- Retention of your Personal Information: ArtsInteractive retains Personal information for the purposes of providing you with continued access to our services (e.g. renewing your subscription), reaching you with relevant advertisements and offers (e.g. a thank-you discount for long-term customers), and analyzing the effectiveness of our products, services, and marketing over time. If we find that Personal Information collected is no longer necessary for these purposes, we will delete the Personal Information.
3. Your Consent: Controls and Choices
- Account Management: Visit your account page here to update your Personal Information and subscriptions to ArtsInteractive software.
- Marketing: You may opt out of ArtsInteractive’s emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link, which is included at the bottom of all marketing emails. Note: Some transactional emails, such as order receipts, are required in order to complete your order. Opting out of marketing emails will not opt you out of such transactional emails.
4. How to Contact Our Data Protection Officer